Star Trek Continues

Chat about other independent productions and fan series.

Star Trek Continues

Postby hudson » Sat May 25, 2013 11:24 am

The first episode has been released.

https://vimeo.com/66784863

They also have 3 vingettes http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes/

Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Continues

Postby capthunter » Sat May 25, 2013 12:35 pm

That was pretty darn good.

Postby BlueCatShip » Sun May 26, 2013 1:19 am

I watched on YouTube just now and commented there.

To me, it started a bit slowly, but by the time we get to the rec room scene with Uhura and Apollo, we're going strong. A solid Trek science fiction problem then, where the "heroic" crew and the "villain" may both learn they are not as perfect as they think, and where solutions require thought and moral/ethical decision-making (feelings). In other words, where the solution to the problem isn't so easy for everyone, and it's more than flashy effects and things that go boom. (Even if those can be exciting.)

I particularly liked how they solved one bit, where Apollo gets proud, goes too far, and Kirk calls him on it ... and Apollo is chagrined. Classic Trek, there. And then Apollo doesn't quite learn, and gets called on it again. I thought that was very good storytelling and good Trek.

There were a few rough spots, I thought, but heck, TOS had its rough spots too. ( :: ducks for cover :: )

It was good to see faces from other Trek productions, past Trek and fan Trek alike.

Looking forward to more. -- Also to more from the Farragut people and Exeter, if possible.
BlueCatShip | Ben W.
* "You can be more." ~ Farscape * "You can't take the sky from me." ~ Firefly Serenity *
ShinyFiction.com by Ben W. BlueCatShip

Postby hudson » Sun May 26, 2013 12:05 pm

The main 3 took some getting used but it still worked. Amazing job from Chris Doohan, works right off the bat. I loved the feel of this, it felt TOS to me.

Also good to see and FX credit from Martin :)

Return to Indie Productions