Any MMORPG Players?

General Discussion

Any MMORPG Players?

Postby arkady » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Usually one can either find me on Star Trek Online, but more often I am playing EVE Online, which has a pretty rich backstory, technology base, and a sandbox universe where players make and do jus about everything, so a lot of the wars and intrigues are instigated by someone.

EVE: Origins (where we come from, and what the future is like in this universe)

http://youtu.be/FZPCiqBLPM8
Sketch Artist, History Buff, Resident Okie.

Site Admin

Re: Any MMORPG Players?

Postby capthunter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm very occasionally on STO, but just don't have the time these days.

Postby Atomfix » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:17 pm

I've lost interest in STO, I wish it could be more like EVE Online, but with Federation ships (Also aliens) It didn't live up to my expectations.

Anarchy Online here

Site Admin

Postby capthunter » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I've enjoyed playing STO, but it's not compelling enough for me to get hooked. I dip in and out as the urge takes me. :)

Postby arkady » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:42 am

Same here, I can only do STO really in spurts. Lately what really drives me nuts is popup messages as such "Joe Blow just unlocked a Temporal Cruiser." that flash across my screen, very very annoying.

I do like my Ambassador Class, though, too bad my main is far beyond the rank needed to use it effectively.

Postby arkady » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:47 am

Atomfix wrote:I've lost interest in STO, I wish it could be more like EVE Online, but with Federation ships (Also aliens) It didn't live up to my expectations.

Anarchy Online here

I dunno, EVE is a brutal universe limited really only by the player's creativity and dedication, which is why I like it. But I dont think the hands off style would translate over to Star Trek very much. There was a lot of promises made for STO, a robust and real exploration system, for example. But mostly it is flying around in your ship, with a little ground action.. And not much of the storylines made by the devs that make Star Trek what it is, the player created missions hopefully do a better job of telling trek stories.

Return to The Cerebral Rubicon